Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may refuse to attend King Charles’s coronation, citing being moved out of Frogmore Cottage.
However, a royal expert has claimed that the Duke of Sussex is coming to the UK “for” his father despite being brutally kicked out.
The royal couple, who live in California, explained that they will not be attending the historic event on May 6 as it coincides with their firstborn Archie’s 4th birthday.
Jenny Bond, a former BBC royal correspondent, said Harry and Meghan “may use this as another excuse as they have son Archie’s 4th birthday as a ‘coming out'”.
“It’s very awkward – the choreography, where they sit, what roles they play, seeing Camilla’s family is full of tension and awkwardness, and Harry may feel he doesn’t want to be there.”
“But I still hope for Charles’ sake that he will go,” added the royal expert. Mirror.
A spokesman for Harry and Meghan previously said: “We can confirm that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have requested to vacate their residence at Frogmore Cottage.”
According to reports, the couple’s home in Windsor was offered to Prince Andrew so that he could vacate the Royal Lodge for Prince Harry.
However, despite being kicked out of their UK home, the couple received an invitation from Charles to attend the official coronation.